Sunday, November 4, 2012

Morning Skincare Routine



My morning skincare routine is pretty basic.

1. Cleanser: Every morning I use a cleanser to clear away the oils that have built up overnight. During summer, I liked using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser rinsed with cold water. Now that cooler weather is with us and my skin feels a little drier, I prefer to use the La Roche Posay Physiological Micellar Solution. I like this as it is rinse free; you just put it on a cotton ball and you're good to go. 

2. Toner: this is a step I usually don't bother with in the mornings. On the odd ocasion that I take the time, I have used either the Nuxe Gentle Toning Lotion with Rose Petals (which smells as pretty as it sounds!) or the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. 


3. Moisturizer: I recently got the Peter Roth Thomas Max Sheer All Day Defense from Sephora as the 100 point free gift. I have been using this lately,but not with much joy. This doesn't seem that sheer on me; it leave someone of a "glowy" film on my skin. I'm definitely not enjoying the experience with this moisturizer / sunscreen. I really want to try the Elizabeth Arden Prevage(R) Triple Defense Shield Broad Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 50 as I've heard rave reviews for it from one of my favorite YT beauty gurus, Fleur de Force.
When I know I'm not going to be leaving the house, I like to use the Boscia Vital Daily Moisturizer. 




4. Eyes - I'm currently using a deluxe sample size of Bobbi Brown's Extra Eye Repair Cream. This eye cream is extremely thick, and while I love it for winter; I think it would be too much for the summer months (and possibly for those with oily skin). I got this deluxe sample as part of a gift with purchase from bobbibrowncosmetics.com. This little 7ml pottle was filled to the brim, and I consider this a very generous sample.  As I only need to do one swipe with each eye of this, I can see this lasting me the remainder of the cool months. 


What's your morning routine?














No comments:

Post a Comment